The Ayios Efrem Advanced Medical Diagnostic Centre (AMDC) was established in 2007 as a response to the needs of patients for thorough and precise special tests. It operates 2 main equipment, a CT Scan and an MRI Scan both developed by the US company General Electric (GE). GE has a long reputation in the development of advanced medical diagnostic equipment.
The CT Scan is the Multi-slice LightSpeed VCT XT. The benefit of this model is that it takes 64 slices when it operates allowing for full reconstruction of the organ under observation. This ability of the new technology renders the scanning procedure faster (which means that the patient is radiated at lower levels – studies have shown 80% less) and more accurate.
The MRI Scan is model is again the GE Ovation 5. This model is again an open equipment which is very good especially for patients with claustrophobia.
Clinical application of computed tomography (CT)
- CT coronary angiography (non-interventional coronary smoothing complications inherent in classical coronary angiography).
- Angiography of all vessels of the human body (carotid arteries of the brain, thoracic and abdominal aorta, renal arteries, peripheral arteries).
- Evaluation of lung function and bronchoscopy (inspection of the bronchi without the use of an endoscopic instrument).
- Measurements of the upper and lower jaws.
- Visualization of all organs of the human body.
Clinical application of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI):
- Detailed diagnostic of spinal column (cervical and lumbar examinations).
- Detailed diagnostic visualization of bones and joints.